Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Book For The Ages II

Hi all since the first post about "Rich Dad Poor Dad" was such a success I've decided to do a second one much sooner then planned. The second book I've decided to pick is called "Power Of Habits" by Charles Duhigg. This book is in my top three books I've ever read. The reason why I love this book so much is because it does' just take a CEO and explain why they may be successful for hundreds of pages. No, it takes regular people at every level, dissects the way they act, react and the habits they have that they use in order to succeed. This book shows how changing habits at the smallest level can have the biggest ripple effect on a person , business or society in general. Charles Duhigg also uses science to explain how and why these habits effect us so much. The most astonishing case he uses is of Alcoa's former CEO who was untested and had radical ideas to achieve success at his company. The one detail I will reveal about this book is the shareholders meeting for Alcoa after he was hired. He presented the ideas he had for Alcoa and the second he was done the stock brokers and shareholders were all selling Alcoa as a stock. No one wanted to be involved, but that what a huge mistake for them as they lost HUGE profits on Alcoa. In order to learn anymore your gonna have to buy the book. A great place to buy it is Here at Amazon. You can buy it for an astonishingly low price of only 11.99.

As always thank you for reading, please follow and subscribe, the more that subscribe the more posts I'll make and comment to let me know what your looking for. Again thank you and have a great day!!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment